A Senior Manufacturing Engineer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. People management is a prerequisite for this role while working within the core engineering group, and reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer, and will lead a team of engineers and technicians and be responsible for managing and supporting all engineering activity in areas of responsibility. As a key member of the core operations support team, and as needs arise, the successful candidate will be expected to input to the development of supports and systems outside of core engineering responsibilities. E.g. assist in development and implementation of systems for areas as diverse as training, planning, staff supervision, and business processes. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Lead a dedicated group of engineers and technicians within the Manufacturing Group.
- Ensure engineers are fully integrated within the overall production support team.
- Plan and implement training and development plans with subordinates.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Set Engineering Goals and Objectives that deliver results in line with the Business plan. Identify and put in place permanent and effective technical / system solutions to problems.
- Consistently meet customer requirements and commitment to excellence in performance and meeting deadlines.
- Champion compliance to systems and processes.
- Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost using Lean / 6 sigma methodologies.
- Investigate state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
- Oversee and manage New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Prototyping / NPI Group.
- Manage external relationships with key technology providers.
- Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Identify and implement short and long term cost reduction and improvement initiatives through the adoption of Lean Manufacturing.
- Oversee and drive Validation Activities.
- Engineering Level 8 degree, or equivalent.
- 5-10yrs experience in a high-volume demanding production environment.
- Knowledge of Medical Device or similar Quality and Manufacturing systems would be very desirable.
- A demonstrated ability to lead a focused production / technical problem solving team.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and/or Lean Engineering principles with a proven track record in use and delivery of results.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make and Implement decisions.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)