A Senior Manufacturing Enginee is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. Main responsibilities of the SME are to Interface / engage with supply management, production, quality, supply chain and the design engineering teams to ensure that the manufacturing engineering function is supporting the development of new and world class products. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Eliminate dangerous occurrences in manufacturing and achieve world class premier performances in safety.
- Lead cost reduction initiatives within the plant to improve the competitiveness of the business.
- Map out future engineering value-adding developments and initiatives using Lean methodologies that will sustain, promote and advance the competitive edge of our processes/ products in a global market.
- Provide Engineering leadership/ support for the manufacture of products to world-class standards ensuring that products are built in the safest and most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Co-ordinate and accelerate the implementation of new engineering changes - both product and process - into the plant and implement technology advances into the manufacturing processes for existing products, including identifying Automation potential within the value streams.
- Interface / engage with supply management, production, quality, supply chain and the design engineering teams to ensure that the manufacturing engineering function is supporting the development of new and world class products.
- Be proficient in Design for manufacturing, PFMEA, Rapid proto-typing, 3P, Pro-E, Process simulation Line balancing and project management.
- Be proficient in problem solving using the 9 Step Problem Solving A3 technique to resolve daily Takt and Quality issues.
- Have a proven track record in driving continuous improvement and a passion for new technologies / automation / process control.
- Act as a resource, providing timely long term engineering solutions, while soliciting the ideas of others and using all available resources in the process.
- Release the hidden talent of manufacturing employees through engagement and the delegation of ownership
- Honors Degree(Level 8) in Engineering - At a minimum - is required
- 5 years experience working in an Engineering environment.
- Accomplished project leader/ manager. Skill set in business case development and selling same.
- Change Implementer - Can-Do attitude. Executes strategic change. Lean mindset. Identifies and eliminates waste / muda.
- Critically prepares and evaluates information to generate innovative solutions. Builds best in class processes.
- Relationship builder - Builds relationships within & outside own workgroup. Engages Stakeholders. Establishes Trust and cross functional engagement.
- Builds project portfolios - Executes projects in series and at speed. Builds strong effective teams for project execution. Ensures efficient and effective execution.
- Self motivated - Self driven, Takes total ownership
- Communication - builds cross functional awareness, clearly communicates project team expectations.
- Good influencing / negotiation / conflict resolution skills
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)