A Senior Manufacturing/Process Engineer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for a recent Galway based start-up company. This person will lead and co-ordinate Process / Manufacturing Engineering activities across the Galway site.The role will include leading Manufacturing / Process Engineers and Technicians (Subject Matter Experts) for diverse technologies. Exceptional opportunity for career focused Engineer. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Optimizes existing manufacturing processes in alignment with corporate values - People, Quality, Customer Service & Cost.
- Investigates and conducts trouble-shooting and root cause analysis of unexpected trends or results related to product quality and financial aspects (i.e. yield) to support manufacturing. Implements accurate and timely solutions and develops and manages plans as needed.
- Leads cross functional teams; focusing on process improvement, cost reduction and product development initiatives.
- Transferring and implementing processes from other manufacturing facilities.
- Project planning, in detail, in support of major projects, product/process transfer etc.
- Recommends budgets to management; including staff utilization, technology, facility and equipment requirements or improvements.
- Develop strategies for process and equipment validation and verification approach.
- Defines and establishes critical process parameters and provide recommendations for equipment set-up.
- Prepares and executes required validation documents.
- Provides technical leadership and assists in training less experienced engineers and technicians. Serves as subject matter expert for manufacturing.
- Provide guidance as a subject matter expert for process, maintenance, facility, and system documentation i.e. change controls batch records, SOPs, development reports, and validation documents etc.
- Develops and implements engineering procedures, standards and programs.
- Participates in and supports regulatory (internal & external) audits.
- Adheres to, enforces, and promotes all company policies, procedures, and standards, including safety, quality, and operations.
- B. Eng (Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing or related engineering discipline with manufacturing experience)
- 5 years minimum relevant experience.
- Must have practical experience, and solid understanding of mechanical principles, testing and manufacturing processes.
- Experience in project management and leading teams with the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Tech transfer experience an advantage.
- Experience in Medical Device Manufacturing and working in a GMP environment.
- Operational Excellence / Lean Manufacturing experience essential, Green Belt Certification a preference.
- Reliability Excellence Experience (Total Productive Maintenance, Autonomous Maintenance, Reliability / Predictive Maintenance).
- Medium to high volume automation experience; pneumatics, pick and place, vision systems, robotics and ideally including PLC/Controls a distinct advantage.
- Excellent verbal communication, presentation and technical writing skills.
- Proficient in common computer skills such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- SAP experience desired.
- FDA, TUV, ISO13485 or equivalent experience preferred.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)