A new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Microbiologist to join a top company in Galway on an initial 22 month contract basis. The successful candidate will design and conduct research and/or process improvement projects pertaining to microbiological control and sterilization of products. You will also conduct quality assurance activities required to support, evaluate, document and audit the sterilization of orthopedic products.
Role of this position
- Prepare test protocols and final reports for research and validation projects.
- Design and conduct validation and process improvement projects pertaining to microbiological control and sterilization.
- Conduct QSR/ISO audits of contract sterilization vendors and contract laboratories.
- Perform quality assurance activities (sterilization shipment review, dose mapping studies, review of gas plasma sterilization records, etc.) as required to support the sterility assurance program.
- Provide technical guidance to Manufacturing, Development Engineering, and Research Departments on issues related to microbiological control and product sterilization.
- Prepare and conduct training sessions for microbiology lab technicians and manufacturing cleanroom personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree in microbiology or biology with a concentration of course work in microbiology.
- 2+ years of industrial microbiology experience working with medical devices or pharmaceuticals in the laboratory setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Direct experience supporting a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Environmental monitoring requirements of a Class 6 and 7 cleanroom.
- Experience with Gamma and EO sterilization validations and routine monitoring desirable.
- Experience in supervision of other microbiologist / micro technicians desirable.
- Knowledge of current OSR regulations and AAMI/ISO standards pertaining to industrial sterilization and microbiological control desibrable.
Please contact Michelle Galvin today for further information on (091 373 938) firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)