A Senior Principal R&D Engineer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. As a Senior Principal R&D Engineer, you will be tasked with leading the technical development of new products through early stage investigation/research and/or translation of that into commercial medical devices. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Continually identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
- Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
- Effectively represent the company while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts
- May be required to resolve technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
- Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers
- Partake in cross site Technical Forums and build a network within the technical community
- Define and implement strategic goals in the technical community in line with the business unit strategy
- Level 8 Degree level in Engineering or related discipline with 10 - 15 years relevant experience - additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous.
- This role is primarily technical in nature, thus we seek someone who is passionate about Engineering concepts and principles - someone who gets a thrill from how and why things work.
- You are a dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are experienced with medical device product development and have a strong proven track record in innovation and project/program management.
- You are a seasoned professional in engineering development with extensive engineering knowledge and skills in some or all of the following: component and system design, materials (polymers and metals), sterilization of medical devices, test method development, design for six sigma principles, CAD (Solidworks preferred), pre-clinical evaluations, physician interactions, knowledge of anatomical use conditions (anatomy, physiology etc.), system requirements development, design control, application of ISO standards for medical devices
- Strong communication and presentation skills are desirable.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)