An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Water/Formulations Process Engineer with a top medical device company in Limerick (initial 12 month contact). The Process Engineer will be the SME and responsible for the Water Room and Formulations activities to ensure adequate supply of DI Water and Formulations to Production and future capacity. In addition, the Water/Formulations Process Engineer has accountability for base business and new product projects and performs a variety of engineering functions of varying scope involving the troubleshooting, installation of new equipment, processes or facilities related to the Water and Formulations Room and manufacturing lines.
Role of this position
- As the SME you will support the water room and formulation teams on a daily basis.
- Accountable for Water and Formulation Room service KPIs including servicing all Value Streams in close co-operation with Quality, Engineering and Facilities, to support the manufacture of contact lenses according to global planning requirements.
- Accountable for all quality and compliance KPIs and improvement plans associated with Water and Formulations Room activities including audit support, non-conformances and CAPAs.
- Responsible for all Health and Safety and Environmental projects and metrics associated with Water and Formulations activities.
- Development of strategic vision, best practices and Standard Operating Procedures that maximize quality of output, chemical and energy efficiency and support the adoption of new processes.
- Identify and lead year on year efficiency improvement, cost reduction and activity reduction projects for Water and Formulations Rooms. Work with cross functional teams to develop and implement process improvements and projects in line with strategic site goals and objectives associated with the water room (includes requisitions and purchasing).
- Degree in Marine/Mechanical/Industrial Chemistry/Process Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years' experience in a similar role in water management.
- Proven track record in project management skills, installing new projects in a manufacturing plant.
- Knowledge of DI Water generation, distribution and specifications.
- Knowledge of USP Standards.
- Experience with GMP Formulations process' in a Medical Device or Pharmaceutical setting.
- Understanding of GMP, commissioning and validation activities.
- Strong people and project management skills and can manage multiple vendors and contractors.
- Structured approach to operation/capacity optimization, failure analysis and problem solving.
Please contact Michelle Galvin today for further information on 091 373938 / firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)