A Senior Product Development Engineer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for an exciting young Medical Devices Company based in Galway. A high-performing Senior Engineer that will lead product development of medical devices from feasibility through to market introduction on a contract basis for our customers. The desired individual will possess a broad range of medical device product development skills and experience, as well as depth of knowledge in product and technical areas. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who is excited by the prospect of leading and supporting projects in a dynamic environment to support business growth. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Provides leadership to the project team in the development and subsequent commercialisation of balloon catheters & delivery systems.
- Oversees the development of products and corresponding processes that meet customer requirements throughout the design cycle.
- Liaise with Customers, Physicians, Manufacturing & Quality to ensure that the transition of products through product development, product approval and manufacturing scale up are smooth, timely and cost effective.
- Supports manufacturing post product commercialisation.
- Manages development projects in compliance with approved procedures and in adherence to ISO and FDA regulations.
- Support quick turn feasibility prototypes to support future growth.
- Work with Engineering manager to implement capacity / technologies to support product development projects.
- Partners with Program Manager to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Conducts and participates in meetings directly with clients. Proactively communicate with team to ensure an ongoing two-way exchange of information.
- Mentors the project team members in several areas of the design cycle and development.
- Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of product development.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Polymer, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline is required.
- 7+ years of medical device product development experience is required.
- Has a strong understanding and application of project management tools.
- Effective knowledge of the regulatory environment in which the business operates.
- Attention to detail while maintaining awareness of longer-term objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a demonstrated ability to influence peers.
- Ability to mentor / manage Engineers / Technicians.
- Is creative, continually stimulates the project team to learn and explore new ideas.
- A good communicator who can easily convey ideas and requirements across all levels in the organisation. Is comfortable and confident in presenting to customers or other external bodies.
- Capacity to make sound judgements relating to the effective management of the project resources.
- Displays the highest levels of integrity and diplomacy.
- Capacity to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality internally and externally.
- Acts in conjunction with peers as a champion of company values and standards.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)