A Senior Supply Chain Purchasing Supervisor is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Lead the Purchasing Team, ensuring mentoring, developing and coaching of staff on meeting/exceeding performance expectations and defined objectives.
- Ensure all the Purchasing Team are in compliance with QMS (Quality Management System) and support audits as required.
- Maintain stringent controls for the processing of information within purchasing.
- Ensure continuity of supply of material in support of MPS (Master Production Plan).
- Support Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process including anticipation and detection of any future potential supply chain risks.
- Ensure implementation of best practice for the purchasing function through Standard Work in Materials Management (SWIMM) process.
- Lead operational excellence methodologies to drive continuous improvement.
- Negotiate and appraise contracts/Service Level Agreements with vendors and ensure competitive pricing is maintained.
- Coordinate and support with stakeholders across the business to drive supply chain improvement initiatives leading to improved cost and quality of products.
- Seek business improvement and cost reduction opportunities including product transfer, local sourcing and strategic sourcing initiatives as a key part of the role.
- Manage new product introduction and end-of-life processes.
- Monitor and manage inventory levels aligned to inventory targets.
- Identify and implement strategic solutions to optimize supply chain inventory management.
- Follow all environmental, health & safety rules and procedures and participate in safety and environmental activities in order to improve the workplace for all employees and external environment
- Complete special assignments, projects and tasks as requested.
- Relevant Level 8 qualification along with APICS or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role within a highly regulated sector.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Possess a decisive approach and the ability to operate in a dynamic environment.
- Highly motivated with good analytical skills.
- Good Working knowledge of all Microsoft office packages.
- Experienced in use of ERP / MRP platforms (BPCS experience an advantage but not essential).
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)