A Senior Quality Engineer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based Automotive client. The Senior Quality Engineer will have overall ownership, accountability and responsibility for the management of all Quality related activity on all of the Value streams in the Galway facility, and also, management of the Line engineering function. The focus will be on implementing a robust preventative Quality program across all associated value stream processes as well as mistake proofing the product build at source and validation all critical processes at source.
Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Management of the Quality Line Engineers and balancing of workload across value streams where and when required. Management of PDI activities and backfill where required.
- Early identification of all potential Quality related Product and Process potential issues, through DFMEA, PFMEA and associated control plans.
- Managing the Validation at source of all key processes with the focus on early identification and instant response when potential issues are identified.
- Management of associated Quality metrics, setting continuous improvement goals and objectives, reporting status through the various review processes, such as Daily Gemba, Mission Control, MDI, PDE.
- Manage all Quality related Corrective Actions and ensure that all issues are closed in a timely manner.
- Manage Feedback performance at various stages of the process, to suppliers, design team, quality teams, and the operations team, leading to performance improvements when required.
- Help monitor warranty claims to identify and resolve Customer issues promptly.
- Analyze production data, product and process verification steps, complete problem break-down and analysis when required.
- Record and Report daily issues during the daily Gemba walks, MDI reviews, etc.
- Maintain accurate records of all actions taken, Corrective Action, Engineering changes, process changes to ensure accurate data and traceability is maintained.
- Customer facing activity required.
- Ensure that all Product and Process areas of responsibility meet the required criteria and standards, such as ISO standards, Customer audits etc.
- Conduct and oversee Weekly Product audit and special process audits by value stream
- Identify value added technology-based improvement projects for line quality and PDE etc.
- Introduce Lean principles to the value stream QE functions.
- Demonstrate a strong engineering and technical knowledge, both on product and systems knowledge, such as ProE, utilizing this to make timely and accurate decisions that will result in Product and process improvements that meet customer expectations and requirements.
- Degree in Engineering with minimum 5 years engineering experience in Quality, Manufacturing or Design Engineering is essential.
- Strong Product and Process knowledge, in areas such as NPI etc.
- Strong competence in Data Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, and the timely implementation of Corrective Action.
- Demonstrates sound Product and Process knowledge, with experience in Quality Assurance Techniques, principles and practices.
- Strong Technical product knowledge and experience
- Good grasp of IT and Automation with involvement in Automation and IT related Line projects.
- Ability to lead and mentor a small team salaried and hourly employees and assign and oversee project work as required.
- Hands on approach to Problem Solving. Anticipates process breakdowns and proactively implements appropriate corrective actions. Creatively and collaboratively solves Quality problems. Trouble shoots quickly and acts in the face of uncertainty or with difficult choices.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team leadership skills - operating in a production environment across all functions.
- Has the ability to focus on Product and Process validation, use PFMEA to identify robust Control Plans.
- Identifies assembly vulnerabilities, pinpoints critical implications, and allocates resources to minimize risk of inferior quality or line stoppages.
- Possess good organizational skills with ability to work on multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strives for continuous improvements, sets realistic stretch objectives and empowers the team to achieve.
- Responds enthusiastically and with a great sense of urgency to all potential issues that can impact internal and external customers.
- Possess the ability to direct and influence non direct reports, peers, and business leaders across the entire business.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)