5 x Senior R&D Engineers required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. As a Senior R&D Engineer, you will be tasked with supporting a team in the technical development of new products through early stage investigation/research and/or translation of that into commercial Medical Devices. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot and provides technical skills during research and / or product development Effectively represent the Company while interacting with physicians to filter their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Participate in technical innovation across the department
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to generate feasible designs
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- Play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts potentially progressing a project from concept phase into commercialization phase
- Contribute to resolution of technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
- Contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Delegate/direct work of experienced engineers
- Provide coaching/guidance to less experienced team members
- Qualified person to Bachelor/Master's Degree level 8 in Mechanical, Biomedical or related engineering discipline and with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Experienced interfacing with physicians and reducing feedback to device concepts.
- You are an experienced professional in engineering development with extensive engineering knowledge and skills in some or all of the following: - component and system design,
- materials (polymers and metals),
- sterilization of medical devices,
- test method development,
- design for six sigma principles,
- CAD (Solidworks preferred),
- pre-clinical evaluations,
- physician interactions,
- knowledge of anatomical use conditions (anatomy, physiology etc.),
- system requirements development,
- design control,
- application of ISO standards for medical devices
- Collaborate across organizational boundaries and take appropriate actions when problems occur.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)