A Shift Manager is required on a PERMANENT basis by CareerWise Recruitment for our client; a Dublin-based Wholesale Food Distribution Company.
Our client are currently seeking to expand their Warehouse Leadership Team to assist in the management of the Evening shift. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Shift Manager looking for a rewarding position within an industry renowned, global organisation.
Focused on managing outbound operations in a state-of-the-art Dublin Distribution Centre, the successful candidate will be responsible for directing a group of Team Leaders to execute all warehouse functions in a safe and efficient manner.
The successful candidate will have experience of leading and building teams to drive best in class performance, accuracy and engagement.
Role of this position
- Ensure that products are selected accurately, safely and in a timely manner
- Actively manage shift performance within established processes to achieve best results
- Accountable for the correct intake / receipting of products when required
- Ensure that all vehicles are loaded and dispatched accurately and on time
- Manage and engage with warehouse lead/management team and provide guidance and coaching where required
- Assist in motivating warehouse team and managing through performance KPIs
- Lead by example by coaching, motivating and inspiring warehouse team
- Liaise with support staff, other shift managers and supervisors in all departments
- Embed and apply all operational company policies and procedures
- Ensure health and safety and food hygiene standards are continuously upheld
- Identification and implementation of operational efficiencies within each function
- Management of team performance and take relevant action accordingly
- Deal with all personnel issues as per company policies and liaise with HR as required
- Previous experience in a Shift Management role or similar supervisory role essential
- Excellent knowledge of warehouse procedures
- Experience in FMCG environment
- Fully flexible in relation to start and finish times to meet the needs of the business
- Experience in change management and continuous improvement
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Exceptional communication skills with experience in building and developing teams
- High level of motivational and interpersonal skills, maintaining strong close working relationships
Please call Aisling O'Hagan-Yil today for further information on 021- 2427410 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)