Strategic Sourcing Manager is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Cork based MANUFACTURING client.
The SENIOR Sourcing Manager will lead the development and implementation of strategic sourcing activities in assigned suppliers and/or commodities; with goal to obtain the best quality, service, and value for products and services through effective bidding, negotiation, and supplier management. The Sourcing Manager will lead the development and implementation of strategies and projects related to cost reduction initiatives, new product development, supply base optimization and rationalization, quality improvements, risk assessments, and contract negotiations.
Role of this position
- Lead a sourcing team to drive supplier strategy toward cost improvement and performance targets
- Influence the organization across departments to support the Commodity and/or CM / OEM strategy and make sound decisions on supplier strategy and business development direction
- Management responsibilities include setting structure for the sourcing organization, identifying appropriate talent, developing job descriptions, objectives, Key Performance Indicators and performance goals.
- Bachelor's degree (Supply Chain Mgt, Engineering, Finance or equivalent experience)
- 6+ years of experience in Operations and/or Quality functions.
- Experience in medical device or other regulated industry preferred
- Supply Chain and/or Medical Device quality certifications or training is desired. Experience developing, negotiating, and implementing commercial contracts to include: supply and quality agreements (QAA).
Please call Mike Morrissey today for further information on 021-429 7536 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)