Supplier Quality Engineer
|Title||:||Supplier Quality Engineer|
|Sector||:||Manufacturing & Production
Engineering & Technical
Role of this position
- Prepare, maintain and review supplier quality assurance procedures to ensure compliance with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Complete the supplier performance review process. Generate appropriate performance metrics, and drive resolution of issues.
- Develop and execute the global supplier audit schedule. Travel to supplier facilities to conduct audits and to enhance effectiveness and capabilities.
- May also audit third-party manufacturers to ensure due diligence of supplier and subcontractor vendor selection process Review and analyze corrective action reports (SCAR's) to reduce and eliminate defects.
- Process and implement supplier changes through the supplier change notification process
- Support supply chain managers in the development of new suppliers or existing suppliers of new components, to improve reliability and/or reduce cost.
- Support the development of budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
- Drive continuous performance improvement and issue resolution with suppliers, engineering, and manufacturing utilizing tools such as Six Sigma DMAIC, FMEA, SPC, 8D Root Cause Analysis and Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Ensure that suppliers and subcontractors receive engineering, manufacturing, and quality requirements.
- Lead briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives.
- Stay current with FDA and International requirements and industry trends in regards to regulations and expectations for industry
- Follow safety policies and quality system requirements.
- Comply with all relevant training required and adhere to relevant associated documentation.
- Actively contribute to the enhancement of compliance initiatives for areas of responsibility.
- 3rd level Qualification in Quality, Science or Engineering, and/or relevant experience
- 5 years experience in a similar role
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc).
- Familiarity with statistical tools such as Pareto charts and trend charts.
- Experience with problem solving techniques.
- Familiarity of working in a regulated environment, specifically medical device, FDA or ISO registered work environments.
- Ability to effectively communicate highly technical information, both verbally and in writing, to both non-technical and technical associates.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)
Established in 1999, CareerWise Recruitment specialises in recruitment of management and technical professionals for the Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, Life Sciences, ICT, Engineering, Food and Agri sectors.
We operate out of multiple locations in Ireland and have offices in Cork, Shannon, Galway, Mayo and Dublin.