A Supplier Quality Engineer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. This role will work in the Supplier Quality Team. This concentrates on all aspects of vendor performance from selection, through process & material change assessment and technical support for all purchased commodities. The Supplier Quality Team is responsible for the technical leadership and resolution of all supplied material issues including non-conformances, test method qualification, vendor risk analysis and cost improvement project achieving year-on-year material cost reduction targets. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Supports Continuous Improvement of Quality & Quality Systems, Service Capability and Total Cost of Ownership throughout the Supply Chain.
- Subject Matter Expert on test method qualification
- Demonstrates Technical skills in risk management and remediation.
- Responsible for supporting objectives of the Team in terms of Quality, Cost and Service.
- Supports investigation of Material Quality issues as they arise. Works with Quality, Procurement & Business Units to resolve issues and disposition product.
- Promotes the Quality System within the Supply Base.
- Technical expert on incoming inspection equipment.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection & Operations teams to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Ensures that adequate Corrective Actions are identified, implemented and controlled by Suppliers
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvement of Supplier Management Policies and Procedures.
- Communicates effectively with all Internal & External Stakeholders.
- Develops new Supply sources with Procurement Team
- Assesses and Approves Supplier Requested Process Changes
- Identifies, Supports and Leads Material Cost Improvement Projects (CIP's) throughout the Supply Chain.
- 3-5 years work experience in a relevant field.
- Level 8 Technical Degree required
- Knowledge to scope, plan and execute risk review and successfully remediate risks highlighted as a result of the review process.
- General knowledge of complimentary industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Previous experience of managing new supplier qualification.
- Previous experience of SPC implementation for monitoring receipt trends.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)