A Test Development Engineer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Co. Limerick based client.
This Test Development Engineer has an opportunity to join a well established multi national company whose main activities include the development and manufacture of technologically advanced electronic and mechatronic products.
Role of this position
- Provide support to test engineers on ongoing projects, including test development and MES
- Provide test engineering support to production as necessary.
- Set up of new test equipment and implementation in production
- Manage inventory for new and existing projects.
- Co-ordinate test development activities for new products.
- Control and implement any relevant engineering changes (ECO's).
- Participate in the evaluation and development of necessary new test technology.
- Standardise activities within Test Development.
- Set up and implementation of new products on different test platforms, i.e. ICT, AOI, end test
- Continuous monitoring and reviewing of yields and cycle times across all production lines and the recommendation and implementation of improvements.
- Continual review of current test technologies. Recommend methods of improvements with regard to speed and reliability
- Control of software using version control software.
- Liaise with test equipment suppliers for the introduction of new test solutions and the optimisation, upgrade and improvement of existing test equipment.
- Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering (NFQ Level 8)
- 3 years' experience in the high volume manufacturing electronic industry.
Experience in test engineering would be an advantage but not essential.
- Programming Skills. Visual Basic software knowledge an advantage.
- Functional test, ICT (In Circuit Test), AOI (Automated Optical Inspection), Flash Programming or Flying Probe technology knowledge required.
- High Level of debug skills, good Project Management skills and Electronic Circuitry knowledge required.
Please call Mike Donovan today for further information on 087-1164019 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)