An endurance Test Engineer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our client based in Galway. The successful candidate will have responsibility for tests in one of our Calorimeter, Endurance or Application test facilities. This includes responsibility for data acquisition and management of test data; analysis of test results; correct and timely identification of problems; accurate reporting of same and working as part of the wider engineering team to resolve; management of test units and test schedule. The successful candidate will have the ability to identify and continuously drive improvement opportunities in test facility, process and product. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Participate as a key member of the Test Engineering team of Engineers & Technicians.
- Management of Test units and testing within area of responsibility. This will involve direct interaction with test units on a daily basis to set-up and run tests on units.
- Set-up of instrumentation and data acquisition systems in support of testing activities.
- Analysis of test results and reporting of same to the test team and wider engineering team.
- Document and report test issues (FRACAS) originating from Test Units in R&D Test facilities.
- Record Time-to-Failure (TTF) of components failing or wearing out from Test Units in R&D Test facilities.
- Perform and/or support tear downs, failure root cause and/or degradation analysis of component failures.
- Utilize customer operating profile data to develop field representative system level test patterns.
- Identify and drive ongoing development of the test facility and processes. This will include responsibility for facility, instrumentation & data acquisition system improvement and upgrade.
- Support product test for customers, internal customers, intercompany departments and external test bodies including ATP, ISO etc.
- Implementation and coordination of unit/component testing in R&D test facilities to an agreed test schedule.
- Plan & manage the availability of test units vs. test requests from the R&D engineering teams for area of responsibility.
- Co-ordinate and provide direction for day-to-day activities of Test and Workshop Technicians in maintaining units within test area that the Test Engineer has responsibility for.
- Planning and scheduling all testing activity within area of responsibility.
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or Science (or similar).
- At least 2 - 4 years' experience in a similar testing or complimentary R&D, Mechanical, Electrical, Controls or Data Analytics/Data Science role is required.
- Previous experience in Testing, Instrumentation and Controls an advantage.
- Ability and knowledge of data analytics or data science, general coding (Python/R) and MATLAB data manipulation would also be a distinct advantage.
- Critical thinking, analytical approach & ability to use initiative. Meticulous and results driven.
- Problem solving/Decision making skills. The candidate should be capable of interpreting test data and developing and driving relevant root cause analysis and corrective measures where necessary. Ability to identify and report on problems and their root causes in a pro-active manner.
- Demonstrate previous experience of managing a busy area including scheduling and planning of work and capital up- grade projects and associated works.
- Strong planning/organizational skills. The ideal candidate should approach tasks in a logical, systematic manner; capable of developing, running and coordinating test-engineering projects to schedule.
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills. Ability to work as part of the test and multi-functional teams. Provide management with regular reports on test activities.
- The role will also include some travel to support field testing and application investigation as required.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)