A Vendor Engineer (supplier quality) is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. The Senior Vendor Engineer is directly involved in the Technical and Quality evaluation of the Vendors Processes for the supply of components, as well as drafting and executing component qualifications, conducting drawing and BOM reviews with R&D and complying with our ongoing Vendor management system to ensure that all sourced parts conform to specification on an ongoing basis and for all compliance activities within the group. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Integrate corporate procedures to local procedures and ensure group compliance
- Delivers and/or manage projects assigned and works with other stakeholders both internally and externally to achieve desired results.
- Ensuring quality policies are adhered to when qualifying vendors and their processes to manufacture components to our specifications, conducting risk assessments of components and vendor approval - from design to implementation at the vendors site.
- Works independently with general supervision of team ensuring that project tasks / problem solving of component issues at the vendors facility are resolved in line with project deliverables.
- Sets objectives for own job area to meet the objectives of projects and assignments. Contributes to the completion of project milestones. Must work well in cross functional groups and individually.
- Makes adjustments or recommends enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems.
- Communicates both internally and externally on problem solving. Contacts others to share information, status, gain input, and support decision making.
- Manage suppliers on an ongoing basis via regular contact, periodic audits and other methods to guarantee consistent high-quality performance on an ongoing basis
- A suitable Level 8 Engineering Mechanical/Supplier Quality Degree.
- Knowledge and/or experience of ISO EN13485 and FDA quality system requirements
- Lead Auditor an advantage
- Strong personal initiative and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent "hands-on" technical skills
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)