A Warehouse/Logistics Supervisor is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our County Galway based client. Main responsibility is to manage the Warehousing/Logistics operation, striving to achieve continuous improvements in cost, quality, and customer service.The Warehousing/Logistics Supervisor will report to the Site Director and is responsible for managing the Warehousing, Planning & Shipping Teams. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Management of Supply Chain Interfaces with customers and suppliers.
- High-level understanding of SIOP (Sales Inventory Operations process).
- Master Data Management.
- Manage FIFO for the site and managing the recycling for the site.
- Manage external supplier arrangement and representing the Logistics Department in customer meetings and third party audits.
- Management oversight of the Build Plan Process with the Logistics & Production Teams and managing the priorities
- Manage, lead and organise Warehousing employees through day to day supervision, ensuring roles, responsibilities and priorities are identified and clearly communicated.
- Manage, guidance, and delegation to Shipping employees daily in the delivery of a smooth Company outbound Shipping/Logistics Service.
- Continually develop both the Warehouse and Shipping teams.
- Identifying and implementing process/procedures, to ensure materials are received, stored, issued to Production, shipped and transacted within the ERP inventory control system, and as part of an overall inventory control process to achieve and maintain target an agreed target of accuracy.
- Ensuring GMP and housekeeping standards (5S) are constantly maintained at the required levels. Ensuring department procedures are kept up to date, easily accessible, training up to date, and reviewed as business circumstances change.
- Responsible for all aspects of the companies Health & Safety & Environmental policies relating to Warehouse/Shipping employees, materials handling /lifting equipment, material/waste disposal housekeeping etc. Ensuring training is up to date, PPE requirements are understood and used where necessary and as specified, risk assessments are carried out and actions completed on time.
- Providing cover in the absence of planning / shipping employees.
- 7 + years' experience in a similar role in a busy manufacturing facility
- Qualified in Supply Chain related qualification (APICS, etc)
- Strong leadership and people management skills as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team ethic, build & maintain productive working relationships.
- Ability to work across the organisation to get best results and ability to multi task and work on own initiative.
- Excellent analytical /Problem Solving skills
- Ability to lead and manage change both functional and technical.
- Computer literacy /proficiency and /or ERP systems (SAP) essential.
- Previous Warehousing /Shipping related experience
- Available to travel when required to other Corporate sites.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)