A Warehouse Manager is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Cavan based client. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Responsible for the receipt, storage, movement and issue of all Plant materials and recording of inventory movements and levels
- Measuring and managing Third Party Warehousing Performance, including KPI management.
- Responsible for the Management of Finished Goods shipping and related documentation
- Responsible for the management of the Warehouse direct headcount, Warehouse Shift Coordinators, Shipping Clerks, and direct links with the external warehouse management and staff.
- Management of all storage areas (internal and external) including special areas such as Freezer, Fridge
- Management of warehouse equipment including maintenance and contracts on fork trucks, AGVs and lifting equipment
- Reviewing stock loss or damages and ensuring that these are managed and recovered at no loss to the organisation where possible.
- Manage Shipping to ensure product availability and ensure no backorders including use of Air Shipment if required
- Work with Customs to maintain status of Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) and Known Consignor (if required)
- Manage the security aspects of incoming material receipt and warehouse access (both internal and external warehouses) to meet the requirements for FDA approval and AEO / Known Consignor status
- Generate and review warehousing/inventory metrics
- Generate and issue Warehouse status reports for Plant
- Meet target project dates and achieve budget targets for the warehouse and shipping areas including control of the external warehouse costs
- Ensure adequate training and development of the warehouse and shipping staff to perform their role safely. Foster a culture of environmental and safety awareness with a key focus on Behavioural Based Safety along with maintaining GMP requirements
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through active deployment and participation in the plant's Business Excellence Programme.
- Keep up to date with new ideas and latest technology relating to the functional area including labeling, bar-coding, shipping software and Revenue changes
- Relevant third level qualification in Supply Chain, Engineering or Science
- A minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience of which a minimum of 2 yrs people management experience.
- Experienced in a regulated environment is essential for this role
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to maintain close liaison and co-operation with all other departments, affiliates and personnel in order to optimize the plant's operations.
- Ability to optimize the use of human resources by encouraging an atmosphere of involvement, open communication and effective teamwork
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)