Senior Automation Engineer required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Biotech client in Limerick. Contract role.
Senior Automation Engineers will develop, test, and install control system software changes with supporting documentation for validated manufacturing systems. Along with providing support to operations for automation related issues on the production lines.
- Develop machine control software involving servo pneumatic and data control.
- Participate among multi-functional teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to required quality standards.
- Develop, debug and validate Control System software programs
- Analyse, understand, fault-find and modify automation software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize, plan and implement multiple tasks to tight schedules, to ensure work on time and within budget.
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to detail own work clearly and accurately
- Strong communication skills and provide technical expertise.
- Monitor and analyse opportunities for the development of new or improved tools for process improvement activities.
- Attention to detail
- Provide training and mentoring to less experience staff.
- Develop a strong understanding of the business, strategic direction, overall organizational goals and individual user needs.
- Development of machine design control systems including servo motion and high-speed device integration.
- Develop, test and install PLC and control software as part of a highly automated, high volume 24/7 validated production environment
- Develop User, Functional and Detailed Design Specifications
- Develop high quality PLC and HMI code from Functional and Detailed Design Specifications
- Work within a cross functional multidiscipline team environment.
- Participates within project teams, provide technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
- Lead Automation team as part of a project, to deliver robust technical solutions as per project timelines.
- Provide ideas and solutions for the improvement and development of control systems.
- Fault-find complex automation equipment
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of code to Medical Device standards
- Ensure effective closure on Quality System documentation and NC/CAPA actions
- Bachelors in Automation Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field preferred.
- 5 to 6 years' experience working with automated control systems as part of a machine design team.
- Strong PLC background in Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000, Allen Bradley Guard Logix, APT, Siemens S7, Elau, Pilz Safety PLCs and Wonderware Intouch/ArchestrA, FactoryTalk View HMI software.
- Additional knowledge of Servo Motion Control, printer systems, vision systems, robotics, BCR, data analytics and RFID systems would be beneficial
- Accustomed to working in a validated environment with strong discipline with regard to change control.
- Good organizational, planning and prioritisation skills; good oral and written communication skills.
Please call James Farrar today for further information on 061-365969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)