The healthcare industry is a worldwide, multi-billion industry, and it’s home to many thousands of jobs and potential opportunities. There are positions relevant to many different sectors and areas available, and these can be lucrative roles that are in very high demand.
Whether you’re a biochemist or an IT expert, it is likely that you have an enormous skill bank that will be valued within the healthcare sector. It’s worth exploring potential positions carefully to ensure that you find out exactly what you want before you begin applying for roles, and a recruitment agency such as CareerWise will be able to help you to explore your options fully.
1. Information handlers. The healthcare industry relies on huge amounts of digital data and information that requires highly skilled and experienced operatives. You will need excellent qualifications and experience within this sector in order to apply for high-level positions.
2. Technology officers. The technology involved in medical research and the treatment of patients is second to none, and highly skilled experts who understand this technology and its applications are invaluable within the healthcare sector. Those managing healthcare technology staff often maintain high level positions overseeing technical staff and working with leaders in many organisations.
3. IT consultants. Healthcare industries may employ consultants from external companies or on a self employed basis, and these experts are responsible for developing technological products and solutions, as well as implementing system changes and initiatives. Consultant salaries may be higher within the healthcare sector than in other industries, which makes these roles an excellent opportunity for those IT specialists who aspire to them.
4. IT Security. Security issues are vitally important to the technology used in healthcare systems and research, and security officers are essential to protect this. They continually assess the stability of systems, and work to protect the industry against breaches and cyber-attacks. A shortage of skilled technicians in this area means that those with high levels of experience and skill can expect to progress well.
5. Software engineers. Software is used throughout the healthcare industry to support electronic records and information sharing. Programmes and engineers within this sector are highly sought after and can expect to receive high salaries in return for their exceptional skills.
Looking for pharmaceutical jobs in cork, shannon or pharmaceutical jobs in galway? Here at CareerWise, we specialise in the multinational sector in Ireland, with expertise in the Medical Device, Sciences/Pharma and ICT industries, as well as Engineering, Supply Chain and Finance. Our expert team will work with you to find medical device jobs and more.
We’re Ireland’s leading specialist Technical and Executive Recruitment firm and we will be happy to help you find your perfect position in Cork, Limerick and Galway. Contact us online, or call on +353 (0) 21 206 1900 for a consultation to find the ideal position for you.
Mike Morrissey has extensive knowledge of production, quality and engineering, having worked for Dell, Creative Labs and Tyco Safety Products /Sensormatic.
His expansive operational experience is grounded with training as a Six Sigma Black Belt.
As a lead auditor, he is very familiar with compliance and quality standards and has project managed the implementation of the environmental standard ISO14001. He has successfully utilised his project management and team leading skills in implementing numerous cost-saving and process improvement projects.
Since joining CareerWise Recruitment, Mike has graduated with a Diploma in Personnel Management from UCC and is a Chartered member of the CIPD.
Upload your CV to apply for as many jobs as you like.upload your CV