Make Personal Branding Work For You
Love it or hate it, personal branding is an important focus when you’re looking for a new position or developing your career through promotion. Your personal brand is the way you market yourself, getting the right message to the right people at the right time. If you want to be recognised for all the right reasons, it’s well worth investing a short time in getting your personal branding right.
Here at CareerWise, we use our expertise to match talented professionals with their ideal roles, and we’re well placed to make connections that work for employers and individuals. Talk to us to see how we can help, and you may find that your dream job is closer than you think!
Address Your Personal Branding
Giving your personal branding a revamp can make all the difference when you’re looking for a new role or considering applying for promotion. Here’s how to begin:
- Identify your USP.What is your unique selling point? Take the time to consider what you bring to your current or potential employer and work out what makes you stand out from the competition. Think about what you feel and believe, and how this translates into a mission statement you are passionate about.
- Focus on your strengths. Look at the things you do well, particularly in groups or team situations, and ask others what they think your best qualities are. This can help you to create a list of your strengths to help inform your personal branding and your career progression.
- Find out what works, fast. Read through your applications and online profiles and compare them with those of your competitors. What’s missing? What stands out? Draw attention to the best of your attributes with links to examples of your work, and be sure that your social media profiles are an asset rather than a hindrance. Don’t forget that first impressions count, and you don’t have long to set yourself ahead of the pack.
- Schedule your branding. Getting your personal branding right is a process that can be made easier with a schedule that reminds you to update and change things where possible. For example, plan to research promising contacts at the beginning of the week and make contact with new people in the middle of the week, before spending a short amount of time at the end of the week keeping up with industry news and updates and thinking about the steps you can take towards creating a better online presence.
- Be versatile. Keep an eye on your personal branding as an ongoing process, and don’t be afraid to change things that aren’t working and try new techniques and ideas. It’s a flexible process, and you can personalise it to suit yourself.
Connect With Recruitment Agencies In Cork and Galway
CareerWise is Ireland’s leading specialist recruitment firm, based in Cork, Limerick, Shannon and Galway, and our professional team can help you to find a new role you’ll love. Contact us online now or call us on +353 (0) 21 206 1900 to arrange a consultation.