NIBRT hosted biopharma job fair to help fill 3,000 new jobs announced in past year
The National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training (NIBRT) held its second ‘Careers in Biopharma’ job fair with 20 companies, recruiting for over 3,000 positions, from across the biopharma sector taking part yesterday in Mount Merrion, Dublin.
The oversubscribed event saw upwards of 500 prospective candidates matched up with bluechip biopharma companies.
The company hosted its inaugural ‘Careers in Biopharma’ job fair last year with great success and decided to facilitate the needs of employers and candidates alike by bringing it back this year. In 2014, biopharma and related sectors announced plans to create over 3,000 new jobs in the sector as it continues to experience strong growth.
“The increasing value of the Biopharma sector to the Irish economy is evident from this recruitment event. 9 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies operate in Ireland with a strong R&D and manufacturing investment. This reflects the quality of the science graduates from the Irish Universities. This job fair is an effort to attract more talent into Ireland from across the globe”.
Ken Murphy (Director, CareerWise Recruitment Ireland)
The Careers in Biopharma event included:
- An overview of the employment opportunities available in the biopharma industry and the skills set required
- Presentations from blue-chip biopharma companies including Amgen, Pfizer Grangecastle, BioMarin and Alexion on opportunities available.
- Opportunities for 1-1 meetings between employers and prospective candidates.
- Details on training and education programmes, including an opportunity to enrol on free Springboard programmes.
- A tour of NIBRT’s state-of-the-art training pilot plant facilities.
“The Irish biopharma industry is experiencing a fantastic period of growth and has been boosted by a stream of significant new investments in recent months. With investment comes jobs and we are hoping this year’s ‘Careers in Biopharma’ jobs fair will match great candidates with suitable employers from across the industry”
Dominic Carolan, CEO of NIBRT