Tips For Life Science Professionals in Ireland
A career in the Life Sciences industry can be exciting and varied, but if you haven’t found the right position yet, or you believe your talents would be better applied in another role, you may feel frustrated. Here at CareerWise, we specialise in Life Sciences, and we can help you to take the next step towards the career you want.
As in any industry, there are many important factors to consider when you are looking for an inspiring new role. We believe that the following questions can give you a higher level of insight into the sort of role you might want in the life sciences industry.
Are You Seeking A New Role In Life Sciences?
Ask yourself these questions to ensure that you concentrate your efforts in the right place, and get the results you want:
- What am I doing here? Look at your current role and consider exactly what you are contributing to your company and to your team. Think about how your current job compares with your ideal job, and pinpoint what you would like to be doing differently on a daily basis. Knowing what you do not like about your job is crucial, since this can help you to identify what you want to change.
- What are my goals? This is a big question, and the chances are that you’ll have thought about it a lot if you are considering applying for a new job. Think about where you would like to be working, and what you would like to achieve in the future, and be realistic about your aims in terms of your work-life balance, your ideal salary and your interests.
- How will the industry change in the future? As technology develops, changes in the life sciences industry are inevitable, and it’s important to have an informed overview when you are making decision about your career. Consider your skills and interests in light of the advances already being made in the medical device industry, robotics and automation, and ask yourself whether further training or specialising would help you towards the career you hope for in the future.
- Who can help me? You may have built up a useful network of colleagues and contacts in your previous roles, and now is a great time to consider whether any of these people can help or advise you. Talking to others who work in roles similar to those you are interested in can give you a great insight into whether this is really for you.
- Am I ready to move on? Look honestly at your own CV and online profile and consider whether it needs updating or re-writing. If you have the right qualifications and experience for the roles you want, there’s nothing to stop you applying straight away. Working with a recruitment agency can help to improve your chances of success, especially when you are job hunting in a specialised field such as life sciences.
Find Life Sciences Jobs In Cork and Galway
CareerWise is Ireland’s leading specialist recruitment firm, based in Cork, Shannon and Galway, and our professional team can help you to find the new position you are looking for. Contact us online now or call us on +353 (0) 21 206 1900 to arrange a consultation.