Why Choose A Career In Pharma In Ireland?
Do you want a career that is exciting, versatile and offers new challenges as well as a stable future with a good income? It may sound like an unrealistic dream, but the pharmaceutical industry in Ireland is a great choice for professionals from many backgrounds who want to embrace the opportunity.
If you have decided to pursue a career in pharma, whether you are retraining or coming from a medical or scientific background, you may be overwhelmed by the options available to you. Considering why you want to pursue a career in pharma may help you to narrow down your areas of interest, and you may find that you possess skills and experience that are in high demand in certain areas.
Find New Pharmaceutical Roles
Here at CareerWise, we specialise in finding ideal roles for talented professionals in the pharmaceutical industry. We work with many national and multinational companies with vacancies in many different sectors, and we think a career in pharma in Ireland is worth serious consideration for the following reasons:
- High demand. The pharmaceutical and medical device industries are continually in growth and as such, demand for talented professionals in this area is consistently high. While financial problems have affected many other industries, this has remained a very promising area for those seeking rewarding and secure careers.
- Flexible opportunities. You may think that you will need a specific degree or years of laboratory experience in order to secure a job in the pharmaceutical industry, but this is not necessarily true. Many jobs are flexible in their requirements, and experience in engineering, maintenance or manufacturing in another industry are often seen as highly valuable alternative assets.
- Good salaries. Since worldwide demand is still high in the Pharma and medical device industry, salaries are high. In Ireland, salaries in this industry are approximately 30% higher than the national average salary, making it a reliable and rewarding career to pursue.
- Ongoing investment. The sheer scale of big pharma means that even when other industries are in financial crisis, investments in this sector continue to be high. Research and development is ongoing, and the security of jobs within the industry reflects the privileged position it occupies.
- Great opportunities. The sky is the limit when you pursue a career in the pharmaceutical and medical device industry in Ireland, and the proliferation of national and multinational companies in the area creates excellent opportunities to network and develop your skills and experience.
Are You Looking For Pharmaceutical Jobs in Cork and Limerick?
CareerWise is Ireland’s leading specialist Technical and Executive Recruitment firm, and our team will work with you to find the best positions in the Medical Device, Sciences/Pharma and ICT industries.
For jobs in Cork, Shannon, Dublin, Galway and Mayo, call us at CareerWise on +353 (0) 21 206 1900 for a consultation, or contact us online today.pharma jobs