Working From Home: Would It Work For You?
Across the world, people are waking up to the idea that working from home can bring a whole new perspective to work-life balance. Some jobs, including most managerial positions, are not ideally suited to working from home, but if you think that your job might be done from home, you could consider approaching your company to discuss the option.
Working from home is easier than ever before thanks to technological advances that make it possible to attend meetings, work collaboratively and share research. Potential downsides include being unable to participate in the social experience of office life, and being easily distracted from your work at home. If your job allows you to work from home, make the most of the opportunity by following our top tips.
Top Tips For Working From Home:
1. Set up for success. You’ll need a dedicated space where you can work, whether this is a home office or just a corner of the lounge. Make sure you have ample space to spread out your files, documents or designs and try to focus on making it an inspiring, clutter free area that is easy to clean and encourages you to work.
2. Schedule your time. The biggest perk of working from home is the flexibility it offers you, so don’t feel that you should be at your home workspace from 9-5 each day. It’s worth setting up a basic schedule, however, to minimise distractions by ensuring that you limit email checking and time online and ensure that you get your workload completed each day.
3. Ensure productivity. You’ll still be answerable to your line manager and your colleagues, so it’s important to have a plan to prove your productivity. Set yourself goals or targets for progress each day, and ensure that you work methodically to ensure you are achieving the same amount as your in-office counterparts.
4. Spend time with others. Becoming isolated could be a serious downside if you don’t have a great social life outside of work. Make time to attend groups or classes such as exercise sessions, or schedule lunches and coffee dates with others to ensure that you do not miss out on social opportunities.
5. Make the most of your time. The whole point of working from home is that it gives you the freedom to structure your own time, so ensure that you make the most of this! Whether it’s arranging your day to fit around childcare hours, being able to fit in a daily fitness class or doing your research in the garden, taking full advantage of the benefits of working from home will improve your work-life balance and make you the envy of the office – they’ll all want to do it, too!
Are You Looking For Recruitment Agencies in Cork and Galway?
Looking for Recruitment Agencies in Cork, Shannon or recruitment agencies in galway?CareerWise is Ireland’s leading specialist Technical and Executive Recruitment firm, and we can help you to secure the new role you want. We specialise in finding the right candidate for the right position, every time.
For jobs across Cork, Limerick and Galway, call us at CareerWise on +353 (0) 21 206 1900 for a consultation, or contact us online todayworking from home