Write The Perfect Accounting And Finance Cover Letter
If you really want to secure an interview for the perfect Accounting or Finance position, you will need to ensure that your CV and cover letter stand out from the rest. Here at CareerWise, we advise our clients on how to write a great CV and a winning cover letter. You can find our cover letter tips below, and you can talk to us for more advice and guidance on securing a new role.
Writing a cover letter that is relevant and effective means ensuring that your spelling and grammar are watertight and checking for errors so that a silly mistake doesn’t spoil your chances of success. This advice is the same regardless of the industry you are applying to, and getting a friend or relative to read through your letter before you send it can be invaluable.
Here are our top tips for writing your cover letter when you are applying for an accounting or finance job:
1. Avoid generic comments. There is nothing quite as boring for a recruiter than reading several similar application letters, and it is essential that you refer specifically to the role you are applying for. You should ensure that your letter is tailored to the particular field of relevance, and relate the experiences and skills you mention back to this.
2. Focus on what you can bring to the role. A recruiter needs to know what makes you special and why you would be ideal for the position in question. You should mention what you can contribute to the company and the team you would be working within, and highlight instances in which you made a difference to your previous employer.
3. Show the relevance of your experience. This is a great opportunity to draw attention to any relevant qualifications, training or experience you have, and show how your expertise will make you an asset to the organisation.
4. Refer to any additional factors that are connected to the role. If you belong to any relevant associations or societies, or hold any alternative experience or training that could be connected to this role or this industry, you should refer to these here so that you present yourself as a committed and professional applicant.
5. Prove every point you make. Don’t forget that it is vital to back up any assertions you have made with statistics and evidence. Referring to professional bodies and qualifications will establish you as a strong candidate, and will ensure that your proficiency is explicit.
Are You Seeking Accounting Jobs in Galway?
Here at CareerWise, we specialise in recruitment within the multinational sector in Ireland, with expertise in Engineering, Technology and Finance. Our experienced consultants work closely with client companies so that we can find the best role for each applicant every time.
We’re Ireland’s leading specialist Technical and Executive Recruitment firm and we will be happy to help you find your perfect job in Cork, Shannon, Galway and Mayo. Contact us online, or call on +353 (0) 21 206 today.