Principal Product Development Engineer
|Title||:||Principal Product Development Engineer|
|Sector||:||Engineering & Technical
Executive / Management
Role of this position
- Representing the product development function in cross-functional product commercialisation teams from Front End Innovation through to Commercial Launch.
- Design and development of new products, including concept development, high-level design feasibility, prototype development, detailed design, test method development, design verification/validation, shelf-life determination and product commercialisation.
- Application of both new and existing technologies, materials and processes to deliver the optimum product design ensuring the establishment of excellent standards of performance.
- Liaising with clinicians and with customers to understand their needs and to therefore optimize product functionality and performance.
- Preparation of technical documentation in accordance with regulatory and design control requirements and with the company's development processes.
- Developing a high level of understanding of internal customer requirements.
- Conducting sophisticated analysis of data and developing detailed reports documenting results, conclusions and recommendations
- An Honours Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related discipline is required.
- A Technical Master Degree or PhD in a related discipline is required.
- Project Management experience is required.
- A minimum of 12 years product development in Medical Device Design is required.
Product Design Experience
- Significant experience in medical device design principals, material selection, design concept validation and test method development.
- Deep understanding of existing and new technology (design and material) areas, industry trends, and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to generate prototypes and product samples for basic through advanced level prototyping. Expert knowledge of prototyping methods.
Medical Device Regulations
- Experience of working under medical device design controls, with proven knowledge of design verification/validation and design/process FMEAs.
- An advanced understanding of medical device quality systems, biomaterial safety and external regulatory requirements.
Design for Manufacture
- An advanced and broad understanding of manufacturing processes and product/process relationships and process qualification.
- Deep understanding of interaction and independency of the products design, materials and manufacturing process.
Project Management and Team Participation
- Strong initiative and follow through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles and balancing multiple priorities effectively through strong technical and/or project leadership experience.
- A demonstrated track-record of being part of successful cross-functional product development teams.
- Advanced understanding of financial analysis and impacts related to business case, product development and strategic objectives (e.g., cost of goods sold, gross margin, NPV, IRR etc.).
Other key competencies include:
- Advanced problem solving, decision making and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to all relevant stakeholders.
- Advanced ability to translate customer/business needs into product concepts and prototypes
- Advanced ability to search, read, interpret, understand and gain insights from patent documents. An advanced understanding of the legal process for protecting intellectual property.
- Ability to coach, teach and mentor others in areas of technical expertise. Demonstrate technical leadership in areas of technical competency.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and CAD software.
CareerWise Recruitment accepts that you do not wish your CV to be forwarded to any client company without your prior consent and gives an absolute assurance that this wish will be respected at all times. Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com CareerWise Recruitment In Search of Excellence We provide recruitment services in the areas of Engineering, Supply Chain, Sciences, IT and Accounting & Finance. We operate out of multiple locations in Ireland and have offices in Cork, Shannon, Galway and Dublin. Supporting Business Demands & Growth since 1999