Production Manager / Operations Manager is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Cork based client.
This position is responsible for day-to-day management of a manufacturing unit, organised around a specific process or product family. You will be responsible for achieving output, quality and service targets within agreed cost parameters.
Role of this position
- Day-to-day effective management of production, ensuring products are produced in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Establish performance targets for the Business Unit, and monitor actual Business Unit performance against targets, taking appropriate and timely corrective action where negative trends begin to emerge.
- Promote & Engage lean manufacture & Visual Management concepts within the business and continuously improve the performance of the business unit.
- Ensure awareness and achievement of all regulatory and compliance requirements (FDA, ISO, EH&S, etc.)
- Provide leadership direction to team on problem solving and process improvements, address obstacles, provide resources and interact with other areas of the company to assist team in overcoming problems and streamlining the work process.
- Employee selection, training & development, performance appraisals and any disciplinary actions for the Business Unit.
- Prepare and deliver annual budgets (headcount, expense and capital).
- Maintain & improve health & safety systems and promote EHS compliant culture
- Maintain and improve GMP standards and promote quality compliant culture.
- Degree in Mechanical/Production Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years manufacturing experience, preferably at production management level, within a team-based manufacturing environment
- Proven track record and genuine interest in successfully creating and managing a highly talented, engaged and performing team
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements, housekeeping, health and safety.
- Demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills, process improvement orientation and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
Please call Mike Morrissey today for further information on 021-429 7536 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)