Production Supervisor (3-cycle-shift)
|Title||:||Production Supervisor (3-cycle-shift)|
|Sector||:||Manufacturing & Production|
Role of this position
- Deliver on the key performance metrics and strategic objectives for the relevant production area.
- Manage resources to deliver on the production, inspection and shipping schedules which effectively achieves output, sales and customer service targets
- Ensure all aspects of work order packages and documentation are accurately reviewed in addition to time sheets and material reconciliations and are completed in a timely and accurate manner as specified in the quality system to meet shipment dates.
- Maintain effective open communication within the team and foster cross- functional relationships
- Build a motivated, competent and results focused extrusion team and work with the technical Supervisor and other departments to develop, train and up skill the team.
- Promote a positive approach to Quality amongst employees, while fostering an approach to Continuous improvement /6 Sigma practices.
- Facilitate investigation, trouble shooting and reporting on system failures, product defects and customer complaints
- Identify areas for improvement and lead improvement initiatives.
- Ensure that all products manufactured meet the specifications, performance & quality criteria of end users, customers, regulatory authorities and the company.
- Maintain work areas, equipment and supplies in a manner which conforms to the requirements of the quality system, 5S, GMP.
- Manage and ensure compliance to quality and safety systems within the manufacturing department
- Actively promote, lead and participate in work centre improvement groups and project teams, to improve quality, reduce costs, eliminate waste and improve working methods
- Manage performance of direct reports and ensure actions, improvements and decisions emanating from these reviews are carried out in a timely manner.
- Work in conjunction with technical engineering and quality departments in managing resources to support technical trials/new product/new technology introduction.
- Science/Technical or primary Degree or equivalent in Polymer, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering.
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience, preferably with at least 3 years in a manufacturing environment in a supervisory role.
- A specialist course in Production Supervision or Human Resource Management is preferable.
- Medical Device or diagnostics manufacturing experience would be an advantage.
- Practical level-headed individual, who is prepared to actively participate as an active member of the production management team.
- Six sigma process experience of fostering a culture of pro-activity and problem resolution.
- Must have a good working knowledge of production and quality system requirements in the health care industry.
- Self-starter with good motivational, inter-personal and communication skills.
- Needs strong communication and influencing skills and be a decision maker.
- Ability to effectively manage a simultaneous range of diverse activities.
- Practical level-headed individual with strong technical ability.
- Rational thinker that can improvise should the need arise.
- The position may require working a rotating 3 shift cycle shift.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com