Excellent new opportunities for 2 Senior Manufacturing Engineers with a Medical Device company in Galway.
These are both permanent positions and the you will be working within the core engineering group and reporting to the Engineering Manager. You will lead a team of engineers and technicians and be responsible for managing and supporting all engineering activity in areas of responsibility.
Role of this position
- Lead a dedicated group of engineers and technicians within the Manufacturing Group.
- Ensure engineers are fully integrated within the overall production support team.
- Plan and implement training and development plans with subordinates.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Set Engineering Goals and Objectives that deliver results in line with the Business plan. Identify and put in place permanent and effective technical / system solutions to problems.
- Consistently meet customer requirements and commitment to excellence in performance and meeting deadlines.
- Champion compliance to Medical systems and processes.
- Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery, Quality and Cost using Lean / 6 sigma methodologies.
- Investigate state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
- Oversee and manage New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Prototyping / NPI Group.
- Manages external relationships with key technology providers and manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Identify and implement short and long term cost reduction and improvement initiatives through the adoption of Lean Manufacturing.
- Engineering degree or equivalent relevant qualification.
- 5+ years' experience in a high volume demanding production environment.
- Knowledge of Medical Device or similar quality and manufacturing systems would be very desirable.
- A demonstrated ability to lead a focused production / technical problem-solving team.
- Working knowledge of six sigma and/or lean engineering principles with a proven track record in use and delivery of results.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Please call Michelle Galvin today for further information on 091 373 938 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)