Shift Supervisor - Cell Culture Lab
|Title||:||Shift Supervisor - Cell Culture Lab|
|Sector||:||Engineering & Technical
Scientific & Laboratory
Role of this positionSummary: Supervises the Process Sciences Lab Shift Team in conducting small scale laboratory studies as part of investigations or characterisation primarily of upstream unit operations. Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervises and conducts the execution of primarily cell culture lab studies performed by the shift team.
- Performs people management duties including time sheet submissions, scheduling of vacations, personnel development, training and performance evaluations etc.
- Organizes shift duties and tasks based on study protocols and lab schedule.
- Reviews and edits lab notebooks.
- Maintains lab supplies and equipment.
- Ensures that the highest safety and housekeeping standards are maintained.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong primary knowledge of recombinant protein cell culture techniques and methods.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong understanding of both regulatory and quality requirements and how such impacts decisions.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Able to build trust and respect as a supervisor of people, with a priority for the development of staff.
- Minimum of BSc in Biotechnology, Biochemistry or a related field with 5+ years relevant experience; may consider another discipline with added relevant experience.
- Previous supervisory experience a distinct advantage.
- Experience supervising shift organisations in the past would be advantageous.
Please call Michael Hanrahan today for further information on 021-2019817 or email: email@example.com