An Associate Director of Manufacturing is required exclusively by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. The Associate Director of Manufacturing has overall responsibility for the Operation in meeting its requirements in terms of Supply, Customer Service, On Time Delivery, Back Orders and Quality. Strong communication, leadership and organizational skills are essential as well as a full understanding of the manufacturing process. Provides leadership, manages daily manufacturing operations, and drives Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity, Compliance & Regulatory requirements and Cost Improvements that will add value to the site. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Develops and leads the Operation strategy to meet Corporate Requirements
- Drive a culture of Quality and compliance and understand the Quality System and how departments
impact the quality system and ensures compliant execution of all functions within scope.
- Continue to develop and grow high performing teams by leading by example and building a strong
sustainable culture of teamwork and delivery.
- Develop and deliver strategies that promote operational excellence across the key pillars of Quality,
Cost, Delivery and People.
- Develop, monitor and improve operational budget for the Operation to include all direct and variable
- Develop strategies for new products introductions, transfers and line extensions in line with business
- Identify opportunities for new technologies and equipment introductions with relevant stakeholders.
- Management of key stakeholders both internal and external across all sites.
- Drive site efficiency and improvement activities utilizing Lean Manufacturing concepts to drive
continuous improvement through Kaizen.
- Predict and redesign manufacturing systems to bring about improvements in performance while still
complying with current and future regulations.
- Attract, retain, and encourage individual development of key personnel for future assignments by
arranging appropriate formal training, mentoring, or other experiences.
- Bachelors Degree in an applicable engineering, technical or business discipline (or equivalent
- 7-10 years of progressive and extensive applicable work experience in manufacturing, quality, or development engineering of which 3 to 5 years were in
supervisory/management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with manufacturing technologies used in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience guiding and implementing high velocity large scale change initiatives that produce greater level of innovation, quality, service, efficiency, and learning.
- Must be proficient and have experience with the following areas: building a high performing team:
- Capacity Planning and Development
- Development of quality/productivity plans
- New Product Introductions
- Process Development
- Manufacturing flow analysis and implementation.
- Proven record of lean implementation to improve performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; problem solving skills are essential.
- Ability to effectively lead a team in the achievement of objectives.
- Ability to think ahead and strategically plan for continued success.
- Understanding of applicable legal and regulatory requirements within the Medical Device industry.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills to continually improve the manufacturing process.
- Operational leadership including successful Lean implementation resulting in productivity gains.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the operation and continuous improvement initiatives
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)