A Buyer/Planner is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our client BASED ON THE WESTERN Side of Galway City!. The Buyer Planner is the main contact and leads the relationship with his/her Suppliers, negotiates pricing, manages supply orders and monitors inventory levels. The Buyer Planner also supports the Supplier Quality Engineers and participates in project teams to coordinate related supplier activities. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Is the main external / internal contact with Suppliers
- Updates and uses ERP in relation to Suppliers accounts, prices and orders
- Provides data and assess Suppliers Service level and performance
- Negotiates prices and plans savings to maximize profitability
- Plan, execute and monitor procurement of components, On Time in Full
- Defines the components supply parameters and update them when necessary
- Monitors inventory levels
- Participates in negotiating and enforcing Suppliers Supply and Quality Contracts terms.
- Executes Change Control related actions, in line with the 13485 Quality System
- Participates in project teams to coordinate related supplier activities
- Proactively reports and solves components availability issues; troubleshoot when necessary
- Engages with order scheduling and production planning to ensure adherence to customers service level
- Completes special projects and assignments as requested.
- APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP) is a plus.
- B. Comm, BBS or equivalent work experience required
- Min 4 years' experience in a Regulated Manufacturing Environment preferred.
- Significant experience using MRP / ERP systems, especially Advance Planning Systems.
- Understanding of ERP System and Microsoft Office products, proficiency in Excel.
- Strong communication, time management and presentation skills.
- Detail-orientated, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines
- Data analysis and numeric skills with, using logic and reasoning to identify solutions.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)