A Category/Commodity Manager is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. Main Scope is to Manage global and/or regional commodity. Identify and engage with internal stakeholders (engineering, operations, and quality) to capture commodity requirements and ensure supplier qualification and quality. Responsible for developing & executing detailed commodity strategy. Conduct or support negotiations and supplier selection. Responsible for delivering commodity productivity through price, value analysis (VA) or continuous improvement projects. Support Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and quarterly supplier reviews for all strategic suppliers within commodity. Responsible for commodity continuity of supply including actively monitoring and mitigating supplier risk. Support region/sector NPD Procurement teams through preferred supplier programs and strategy development.
Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Manage a number of regional categories/commodities across a number of European manufacturing sites.
- Identify and engage with internal stakeholders (engineering, operations, quality) to capture commodity requirements and ensure supplier qualification and quality - partner with regional PPM teams to efficiently transition suppliers as needed
- Responsible for developing & executing detailed commodity strategy:
- Assess Opportunity for commodity including spend segmentation, commodity maturity, cost drivers, and supply market analysis
- Develop Sourcing Strategy for commodity detailing projects, sourcing levers, timing, resources, and expected benefits
- Accountable for execution of sourcing projects including RFx, continuous improvement, consolidation, etc.
- Responsible for defining negotiations strategy including supplier profiles, commercial negotiations targets, defining switching costs, and building Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Conduct or support negotiations and supplier selection - accountable for contract lifecycle management and compliance
- Responsible for delivering commodity productivity through price, value analysis (VA) or continuous improvement projects - responsible for supporting regional/sector countermeasures
- Support supplier segmentation, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and quarterly supplier reviews for all strategic suppliers within commodity. Scribe for all quarterly reviews and key supplier meetings. Ensure creation of supplier profiles for all SRM suppliers.
- Responsible for commodity continuity of supply - engage with plants to efficiently resolve escalated issues and formally manage and secure supplier capacity
- Support region/sector NPD Procurement teams through preferred supplier programs, RFQ's, and SRM to set and meet program QCD targets
- Actively monitor and mitigate supplier risk including financial, capacity, quality, and compliance
- Responsible for forecasting, reporting, mitigating, and recovery of commodity inflation
- Support Quarterly Commodity Reviews (QCR) including updated projects, metrics, strategy, and countermeasures
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering or related field
- 4 to 10 years Procurement sourcing experience, consulting, buyer, and/or analyst experience
- Demonstrate competence in negotiating skills and assessing vendors.
- Supplier Relationship Management / Supplier Risk Management / Preferred Supplier Selection
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience coordinating, facilitating discussions, consultation and conflict resolution skills
- Professional communication; both verbal and written are required.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)