A Cheese Technologist is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Cork based start up food company
This is a unique opportunity to join an start-up cheese manufacturing organisation and help build and grow a new operation.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the key responsibility of this role is to ensure product quality, develop cheese knowledge, and ensuring continuous improvement in cheese processes and products. The Cheese Technologist is part of the Quality Department but will work cross functionally with all other departments.
Role of this position
- Significant role in commissioning the newly installed Jarlsberg production equipment and lines.
- Key responsibility for determining technological parameters for the cheese process.
- Assist the Production team to manufacture good quality Jarlsberg during ramp- up.
- Provide training to operators on the cheese production technological parameters.
- Provide technological support and advice to internal personnel and external organisations, when required.
- Key member of the cheese quality team.
- Develop procedures and best practices to maintain good quality, stable cheese.
- Develop an overview of cheese quality and monitor cheese quality trends.
- Research cheese product functionality.
- 3rd level qualification in Food science or equivalent
- Excellent leadership skills
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or commercial environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Collaborative, proactive results-focussed style
- Excellent organisational skills
Please call Brian Flynn today for further information on 021 4297423 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)