A Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. The Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer will work as Design Engineer in the Galway R&D center with responsibility for Quality and Reliability (Q&R) Work. This role will involve driving reliability and cost improvements through design and innovation on products as part of a team both locally and internationally.
Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Identify, design, and manage Electrical/Electronic engineering projects on products that will meet and exceed reliability and productivity requirements.
- Apply 6-Sigma tools and techniques to problem solving and new product development.
- Act as a change agent, thinking "out of the box" to bring about change and innovation. Keep up to date with leading edge technical developments that may contribute to the next generation product concepts.
- Collaborate with Controls and Software Development groups to develop software specifications and Controls Algorithms.
- Co-ordination of any required regulatory testing of Electrical / Electronic solutions at external agencies as required per regulatory standards.
- Develop and manage electrical supplier partnerships working closely to develop and deliver solutions.
- Knowledge of relevant electrical safety standards and protocols applicable to mobile rotating electrical equipment, and mobile AC transmission systems.
- Knowledge and ability to work within a controlled Project Management Process to coordinate strict deadlines. Co-ordinate where necessary on project efforts across non-engineering functions.
- Proficiency in Electronics Design and Control Software is required.
- Degree or Masters in an Electrical/Electronic, Electro-Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Hands-on experience with Design and Testing in Aerospace, Industrial, or Automotive industry desired.
- Experience in Induction Motor and Permanent Magnet Generator technology an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of Control Systems and Software Testing and Debug an advantage.
- Prior Experience of component qualification programs and new product development in an automotive/ machinery type environment.
- English - other European language an advantage.
- Project Management experience.
- Previous experience in other related areas, such as Reliability Engineering, Mechanical design, FMEA, 6 Sigma, Vibration Measurement, FEA, Stress Analysis and Failure Analysis is desirable.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)