A Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Packaging operations is required for our leading pharmaceutical client company in Cork.
Role of this position
- Leads the day-to-day activities of a team of Engineering and maintenance personnel which shall include external contractors in addition to internal line reports.
- Works across organizational, cultural and geographic boundaries to optimize company strategic approach to use of Packaging technology
- Supports introduction and integration of new technologies (e.g. Aggregation, Blister & device packaging) and\or new processes, as needed & support delivery of the business goals.
- Coordinates the specification, installation, utilization, qualification, and improvement of equipment used for solid dose and vial products.
- Supports the development and execution of the strategic vision for Engineering in the Packaging area.
- Supports the management activities at third party sites, including providing overall technical support;
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
- Provides leadership and direction to engineers and contractors and provides technical guidance and training to junior group members.
- Responsible for personnel management to select, develop and evaluate staff to ensure the efficient operation of the function & conducts or co-ordinates training and performance reviews.
- Prepares project plans and manages small to medium sized projects to successful and timely completion. Provides expertise to the team and functional areas to anticipate, identify and resolve complex Engineering/Technology issues in compliance with codes.
- Supports the Continuous Improvement process by passionately seeking ways to improve Engineering processes and performance.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a GMP environment related field and a BS.
- Proven Packaging technology experience
- The candidate should have collaboration and leadership experience and be able to influence and cooperate with cross functional peers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of pharmaceutical packaging process.
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
Please call Diarmuid Buckley today for further information on 021- 4355432 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)