An Environmental Health & Safety Specialist is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Mayo based Manufacturing client. If you are interested in moving to a vibrant Medical Device company then this is the position for you !!
Role of this position
- Act as the H&S officer for the site. Driving a positive Environmental, Health & Safety culture throughout the company.
- Provide support and guidance to employees with Health & Safety queries.
- Develop and update Health & Safety policies and procedures as necessary.
- Identify and schedule new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time.
- Management of external cleaning contractors, pest control and service providers.
- Management of Health & Safety induction of new employees, contractors and visitors.
- Proactively manage investigation into accidents and incidents
- Facilitate and lead EHS Meetings, encouraging participation from the EHS Committee.
- Conduct monthly Health & Safety site housekeeping inspections and collate relevant data to produce regular reports on performance.
- Be responsible for site ergonomic, VDU and risk assessments, and take corrective measures to mitigate risks.
- Manage KPI trends including waste management along with working on cost saving measures.
- BSc in Occupational Health and Safety or a relevant discipline.
- 5+ years' experience within a Health & Safety support role, ideally within a similar fast paced environment.
- A thorough knowledge of Health and Safety Law, practices, and their application, with a proven track record in dealing with Health & Safety issues.
- Experience of general Health and Safety systems, programs and initiatives in a manufacturing setting would be beneficial.
Please call Louise Mulligan today for further information on 0949003979 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)