A Health & Safety and Environment Coordinator is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Donegal based client
Role of this position
- Liaise with various internal and external stakeholders in relation to Health & Safety (H&S) and environmental activities.
- Act as site contact for regulatory bodies and other external bodies such as HSA, EPA, Local Authority, Origin Green etc on H&S and environmental issues.
- Develop and implement all necessary H&S procedures and policies and ensure compliance with legislation, codes, standards and industry best practice.
- Facilitate site team in the execution of planned inspections, risk assessments, training needs analysis, PPE surveys and occupational health & hygiene surveys including work station ergonomic surveys.
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are thoroughly recorded and investigated by Management to identify route causes and ensure that effective corrective actions are taken as required.
- Work with external medical / occupational health resources to identify, control and provide information to employees on site occupational health hazards.
- Establish a system for Contractor Management whereby Contractor Hosts are trained to request documentation from contractors, verify training records, provide induction training and issue and close out PTWs, ensuring contractors are always compliant to site rules.
- Maintain records of all relevant H&S documentation, reports, files, forms, etc. using the company's software and a suitable, electronic filing system, such as SharePoint.
- Monitor and review site specific H&S and Environmental KPIs.
- Manage the environmental system to ensure compliance to all requirements of the IPPC licence and ISO14001.
- A relevant qualification in Environmental Science or Health & Safety preferably Level 7 NFQ (Minimum Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety Level 6 NFQ, or the willingness to complete the qualification).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with all levels of staff & stakeholders.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to work on their own initiative.
Please call Lisa Casserly today for further information on 091-339136 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)