IT SUPPORT ENGINEER required in LIMERICK.
This role requires an individual who is highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure by handling multiple tickets simultaneously, as well as learning new skills and procedures along the way. You will work as part of an overall Service Desk & Deskside Support team to ensure that all issues and requests submitted to the centralised IT Service Desk and assigned to your queue are dealt with promptly, appropriately and courteously. The role will also require awareness and compliance with established SLA's and will also require the role holder to conform to all Information and Cyber Security policies and procedures that are in place.
This is a great permanent opportunity for a strong driven candidate with 2+ years' relevant experience. Excellent salary and benefits package on offer.
- Logging & owning support issues and incidents until resolution and acting as primary support liaison between company and its customers.
- Documenting relevant support ticket/issue information and ensuring that customer communication is handled in a timely manner and in compliance with Service Level Agreements throughout the lifecycle of the issue, until it is completely resolved.
- Analysis of software issues reported, identification of known issues where applicable and reporting of known solutions or workarounds to customer within timeframe set out by Service Level Agreements.
- Development of workarounds for software issues reported where workarounds do not already exist
- Creation and maintenance of knowledge base content for peers and customer use and reference, ensuring that known issues and workarounds are clearly documented in the knowledge base.
- Identification of training needs for customers and development of operation documents to address these issues.
- Collaboration with the Development, QC and QA teams on issue resolution; providing feedback to Development and QC to help improve the product quality and reliability.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field advantageous.
- 2+ years hands-on experience.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Logical approach to problem solving, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed to work successfully with customers in high urgency and or ambiguous situations.
Please contact Michelle Galvin on (091 373 938) email@example.com for further information on this exciting new opportunity.
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)