JUNIOR IT INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER required by CareerWise Recruitment for our multinational Pharmaceutical client in Cork, initial 12 month contract on offer.
The JUNIOR IT INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER will be involved in various infrastructure projects ensuring all infrastructure is kept up to date and new demands are delivered. The individual would be responsible for the delivery of these projects which include site network infrastructure, servers, qualified manufacturing and lab systems, bar code scanners, audio visual solutions, printers, CCTV, Access control, backup solution and voice.
Role of this position
- Working as part of the local infrastructure teams in areas of project delivery, outage coordination, troubleshooting of incidents and general infrastructure queries.
- Assists in infrastructure projects that may include, but are not limited to network and server upgrades
- Installing, configuring & managing GxP specialized PCs and related software applications.
- Responsible for producing and updating all relevant infrastructure documentation as well as conducting regular security and periodic reviews.
- Assist in maintaining manufacturing-based site servers.
- Support locally managed applications and associated validation documentation.
- Provide on-going support for the technical requirements of business areas
- Ensure on-going compliance with company Quality Standards and Practices.
- Contacts vendors and contractors as needed.
- Assists with end user device security functions that may include anti-virus and malware protection.
- Trains users on IT Systems and Policies
- Respond to, escalate/reassign, and close helpdesk tickets
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
- Support and troubleshooting of applications
- IT qualification (Or similar), Level 8 Degree would be preferred with networking.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience supporting IT Infrastructure.
- Experience co-ordinating\delivering Infrastructure projects
- Good working knowledge of the following Platforms; MS Server, Win10
- Good understanding of Antivirus and Patching technologies
- Good understanding of Networking & Firewalls
- Good knowledge of ISA S95 standard
- Good understanding of data integrity, 21 CFR Part 11 and GAMP requirements
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Advanced knowledge of WAN, LAN, VPN, WLAN and Remote Desktop program
- VMware experience is desirable, such as vSphere, VMotion, vSan technology
- Advanced knowledge of PC hardware troubleshooting and repair
- Past proven experience engaging business users to ensure that appropriate business needs are clearly defined, communicated, and delivered at or above expectations
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required, with proven ability to communicate and build relationships cross-functionally.
Please call Conor Twomey today for further information on 087-0907204 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)