A Manufacturing Engineer FOR Line Support is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. The Manufacturing Engineer will be a key person, working with all functions and personnel to delivel a wold class Product. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Eliminate dangerous occurrences in manufacturing and achieve world class premier performances in safety.
- Lead cost reduction initiatives within the plant to improve the competitiveness of the business.
- Map out future engineering value-adding developments and initiatives using lean methodologies that will sustain ; promote and advance the competitive edge of our processes/ products in a global market.
- Provide engineering leadership/ support for the manufacture of products to world-class standards ensuring that products are built in the safest and most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Co-ordinate and accelerate the implementation of new engineering changes - both product and process - into the plant and implement technology advances into the manufacturing processes for existing products, including identifying Automation potential within the value streams.
Interface / engage with supply management, production, quality, supply chain and the design engineering teams to ensure that the manufacturing engineering function is supporting the development of new and world class products.
- Be proficient in Design for manufacturing, PFMEA, Rapid proto-typing, 3P, Pro-E ; Process simulation Line balancing and project management.
- Be proficient in problem solving using the 9 Step Problem Solving A3 technique to resolve daily Takt and Quality issues.
- Have a proven track record in driving continuous improvement and a passion for new technologies / automation / process control.
- Act as a resource, providing timely long term engineering solutions, while soliciting the ideas of others and using all available resources in the process.
- Release the hidden talent of manufacturing employees through engagement and the delegation of ownership.
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering is a prerequisite
- 5 years experience working in an Engineering/Manufacturing environment.
- Accomplished project leader/ manager which include a Skill set in business case development and selling same.
- Change Implementer - Can-Do attitude. Executes strategic change. Lean mindset. Identifies and eliminates waste / muda.
- Critically prepares and evaluates information to generate innovative solutions. Builds best in class processes.
- Relationship builder - Builds relationships within & outside own workgroup. Engages Stakeholders. Establishes Trust and cross functional engagement.
- Builds project portfolios - Executes projects in series and at speed. Builds strong effective teams for project execution. Ensures efficient and effective execution.
- Self motivated - Self driven, Takes total ownership
- Communication - builds cross functional awareness, clearly communicates project team expectations.
- Good influencing / negotiation / conflict resolution skills
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)