2 Manufacturing Engineers required required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. The Manufacturing Engineers will be responsible for providing engineering support to manufacturing, and the development of existing and new process technologies. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Manage a variable workload to meet/exceed key Performance Indicators (KPIs), such as yield, throughput and productivity.
- Support manufacturing as the manufacturing engineer providing line support for technical issues.
- Identify and put in place permanent and effective technical / system solutions to problems.
- Improve manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Responsible for managing the overall equipment performance (OEE) through the appropriate use of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Investigate new process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
- Prepare product and process reports / presentations by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Implement equipment maintenance procedures for critical equipment.
- Resolve quality and technical issues such that impact on product supply to customers is minimized.
- Maintain high quality / compliance standards in line with Medical Devices manufacturing requirements within the company.
- Work as part of production support team to drive product and process improvements/developments.
- Update manufacturing procedures, specs as required through ECO process.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Engineering Level 8 degree, or equivalent qualification.
- Preferably a minimum of 3 yrs. experience in a similar role.
- Catheter assembly experience a definite advantage including braided shaft assembly and reflow, tip bonding and handle assembly.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks and projects.
- Jigs & Fixtures design and maintenance experience would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of lean manufacturing principles and statistics.
- Demonstrate operating knowledge of Minitab software, would be an advantage.
- SolidWorks /AutoCAD skill would be an advantage.
- Demonstrate a dynamic, motivated & flexible approach to work with results oriented attitude.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of ISO & FDA compliance.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)