A Manufacturing Manager is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. The role plays a vital role in managing a plant's manufacturing operations through developing priorities based on production targets, equipment efficiency, and materials. Ensuring that standards of quality and safety are met for production staff. The Manufacturing Manager will create and foster a business focused, value added environment which values and realizes the full potential of its employees, where change is embraced as the future for the organization and employees, at all levels, are treated fairly with trust, respect and dignity. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Drive change in the manufacturing organization to achieve world-class results in safety & environment, quality, cost, delivery. Achieve 'Best in Class' results on an ongoing basis, through the development and deployment of a strong manufacturing team, robust processes and procedures in a changing business environment with increasing challenges.
- Demonstrate superior leadership skills, management presence and strong decision making ability to the focused manufacturing areas, by establishing strategic direction, providing guidance, prioritizing key goals and the elimination of conflicting agendas.
- Build alliances and ensure innovation and initiative is fostered within the manufacturing group.
- Capability to run a complex organization, taking responsibility for new product integration and establishment of manufacturing processes which meet and exceed corporate goals with respect to the relevant business plan metrics.
- Develop and execute manufacturing plans, to improve site competitiveness and profitability. This should include advancement on advanced manufacturing, and implementation of Lean manufacturing which will return continuous improvement in cost and efficiency.
- Manage employee relations to best-in-class standards with trust and respect. Work with the assistance of the HR team, addressing the areas of staffing and retention, flexibility and communication,
- Train and develop a workforce who understand and are motivated to achieve the business goals.
- Lead people development by developing and participating in the development plans of all high potentials assigned to Manufacturing.
- Develop and implement training and development models that promote motivated, educated, competent, productive, flexible manufacturing resources.
- Support cross-functional activities at all levels of the organisation.
- Third level Degree in Engineering, with MBA highly desirable
- 5+ years experience working in a world class-manufacturing environment in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a wide range of manufacturing functions
- Ability to influence key decision makers within the Organization
- A high level of dedication, commitment, and passion is required to drive change and continuous improvements throughout the organisation in the areas of Safety, Environmental improvements, cost competitiveness, and innovation
- The ability to use all employees as a resource, while treating them with dignity and respect
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)