A Medical Advisor in Oncology is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Dublin based Pharmaceutical client. This a 12-month contract position and this is a hybrid position. You will be implementing strategic planning in Ireland by providing medical insight and expert knowledge about the product or disease area !!!
- Be the medical expert and represents the Medical Department to provide fair, balanced, non-promotional and unbiased medical and scientific assistance in relation to specific requests from healthcare professionals (HCPs) for further information on our product portfolio, clinical development program, or disease area(s) of interest.
- Identify, develop and maintain professional and credible relationships with the health care community, especially scientific experts and academic centres, in the relevant disease area(s) and in partnership with relevant internal functions deliver improved patient outcomes in a given disease area.
- Participate in the development of the Medical Affairs Plans and implement tactics that align with the Company's therapeutic areas of interest.
- Work cross functionally and undertake the delivery of specific (or assist the delivery of) projects in the medical plan e.g. health technology appraisals, clinical trials, early access strategies, guideline and policy work, symposia, advice seeking activities, medical education initiatives.
- In partnership with colleagues, facilitate the delivery of data generation activities (phase I -III), including the identification of suitable research projects, research centres, investigators and innovative methods to generate data.
- Be a champion to maintain integrity and ethical governance for the organisation, always leading by example.
- Function in a non-promotional capacity for 100% of the time spent in role.
- Ensure that all activities and interactions are conducted in compliance with applicable local, global and national laws, regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct (including but not limited to the IPHA Code of Practice) company policies and accepted standards of best practice.
- A strong scientific background in medical or biological science is essential for this role
- Medical Affairs industry experience is required.
- Oncology industry experience is preferable.
- High level of knowledge of IPHA Code of Practice, preferably a final signatory status.
- Proven relationship building skills with scientific leaders (either in the pharmaceutical industry or healthcare/academic setting).
- Communication and interpersonal skills with excellent strategic planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively; balancing both long- and short-term requirements and be able to demonstrate previous excellent cross functional working
- Understanding of the wider healthcare environment and key opportunities for pharma and the healthcare system to partner effectively within the scope of the IPHA Code of Practice.
- IT skills, including but not limited to use of MS Office software
Please call Louise Mulligan today for further information on 0949003979 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)