A Microbiology Manager is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Manage and control the microbial testing of pharmaceutical products for release.
- Ensure highest quality standards are maintained in areas of responsibility and that industry best practice is adopted in accordance with current GLP, GMP and regulatory body directives.
- Ensure all laboratory analysis is carried out in a safe, efficient and timely manner and ensure that systems and methods of analysis, sampling and testing are in place to allow for the generation of valid data.
- Ensure validity of all test methods in the laboratory are established and documented. Interact efficiently with other department managers/ directors.
- Manage and support the Microbiology Team, including establishing employee goals and objectives, assess performance, provide regular feedback, coach, develop and ensure dept. personnel are properly trained and remain in compliance with training requirements at all times.
- Support continuous improvement projects such as 6S and lean processes for the laboratory.
- Provide input to regulatory files in support of new product submissions and approvals.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in a Science related discipline (preferably Microbiology/Pharmaceutical Sciences)
- 5 years Managerial/Supervisory Pharmaceutical Industrial experience preferably within a Microbiology department.
- Working knowledge of Isolator Technology
- Knowledge of working within an FDA/IMB regulated facility (preferably Sterile Injectables).
- Knowledge of Aseptic Processing, Monitoring and Management of the Microbial Environment.
- Working knowledge of Environmental Monitoring of a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Environment.
- Ability to provide leadership, to set clear goals and development plans for team, communicate these clearly and ensure progress to completion meeting predefined targets.
- Track record of showing how results were delivered through management/leadership of others.
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)