EXTERNAL MANUFACTURING MANAGER required by CareerWise Recruitment for our multinational contact lens manufcaturer in Limerick, initial 12 month contract on offer.
The EXTERNAL MANUFACTURING MANAGER will be responsible for the governance and oversight of a global portfolio of External Manufacturers (EM). The focus of the role is continuously improving the operational performance to delivery products meeting quality, service and cost standards.
Role of this position
- Ensures all quality and service contracts are executed to deliver optimum cost, reliable and compliant supply of products across a portfolio of Global External Manufacturers.
- Lead a global Supplier Relationship Team (SRT), which is the cross functional team supporting the EM portfolio, to deliver all operational performance results and improvements across quality, service and cost.
- Implements policies, standards, and guidelines in line with EM governance processes.
- Ensures best practice risk management processes and tools are implemented to identify and manage all risks across quality, service reliability, capacity and cost.
- Build strong strategic relationships and partnerships, internal and external, to deliver on business-critical priorities to support short term needs and long-term strategies.
- Continuously improve supply and service reliability by leading the SRT to ensure successful process improvements and project execution, review prospective improvements, corrective actions, validations and manufacturing scale ups at the external sites, and provide leadership in escalating and resolving problems.
- Provide regular performance metrics and reports to the Leadership teams which demonstrate appropriate performance management in areas such as quality & compliance, customer service; reliability and cost.
- Maintain awareness of current industry trends and conditions that affect suppliers, cost of goods, pricing and may have operational or strategic implications for the company.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Engineering, Supply Chain or Business.
- 5 - 8 years of experience in any combination of the following related areas: Manufacturing, Contract Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain Planning, Engineering, Strategic Sourcing, and Distribution.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in Medical Device manufacturing is required.
- Proven high levels of effective communication skills, oral and written is required. Comfortable with virtual communications and with global attendees across multiple levels in the organization.
- Prior experience in managing suppliers, negotiating contracts and working on supplier agreements is preferred.
- Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools, training and/or certification is preferred.
Please call Conor Twomey today for further information on 021 4297422 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)