ORGANIC CHEMIST requires by CareerWise Recruitment for our multinational pharmaceutical client at their facility in Co. Tipperary.
The ORGANIC CHEMIST will have a PhD in organic chemistry or a minimum of BSc at 2.1 with 4 years min API experience. They will support development of Phase III chemistry processes and the launch of the resulting new products and their continuous supply.
Role of this position
- Working with leading scientists from our labs and research and commercialisation facilities in the USA
- In the development of robust synthetic routes for late stage clinical or commercial active ingredients through working in our lab
- In addition, working on new chemistries and new technologies during the initial process development of new products for commercial scale in our labs.
- Providing dynamic support to manufacturing operations on site and off site through process maintenance, troubleshooting and process development.
- Providing technical and chemistry support as Chemist in technology transfers to other sites.
- Responsibility for co-ordination and oversight for process and cleaning validation.
- Responsibility and oversight for continuous process verification and associated risk assessments to develop robust processes.
- Understanding and interpretation of product regulatory filings, to ensure a high level of compliance for the processes.
- Process optimisation in order to sustain and improve product quality, yields and throughput. Making recommendations and implementing measures to improve the process in line with yields, efficiency and quality product.
- Dynamic support to operations through process maintenance, troubleshooting and process development.
- Interfacing with new product development groups to integrate new products into the facility either as new process development entities or as product transfer from another manufacturing facility. Supporting migration of process knowledge for product technical transfers from facility.
- Identifying continuous improvement activities and leading or participating in cross-functional teams to implement. Supporting activities in the areas of cost reduction, process efficiency and operational excellence.
- Providing on-the-floor technical support to the Operations Team for process/equipment optimization and troubleshooting.
- Ensuring that all safety, quality and environmental compliance goals are achieved, including thoroughly investigating deviations and ensuring appropriate corrective actions are identified and implemented in full.
- The successful candidate will have a PhD in organic chemistry or a minimum of BSc at 2.1 with significant relevant experience and will have excellent communication skills both verbal and written with a proven track record of working in cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ideal PHD candidate would have min. 1 years' experience in API;
- For non-PHD candidates we would require 4 years min API experience; must have manufacturing pharma experience at a minimum.
Please call Conor Twomey today for further information on 087-0907204 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)