A Packaging & Labelling Engineer is required by CareerWise Recruitment for our Galway based client. Main responsibility is to provide Label & Packaging Design and technical / Testing support to Device Manufacturing group. Please contact Tom Devaney for more information.
Role of this position
- Build a Label & Packaging Excellence Program within the Device Manufacturing group.
- Identify all packaging requirements, establish guidelines for success and train/mentor teams through the packaging process with a view to improving the overall in-house awareness of the key principles and standards.
- Manage relations with vendors and external service providers to ensure a consistent approach across projects, including validation and appraisal of packaging suppliers - (equipment and material).
- Support Device Manufacturing on various projects in terms of package system design and implementation. Develop project plans with aggressive and achievable milestones.
- Develop complete packaging concepts and specifications and improve existing configurations to ensure the quality of the packaging process and product.
- Interface with the Quality Assurance and Regulatory departments to provide packaging input to product submissions and demonstrate a good understanding of Medical Devices labelling regulatory requirements.
- Communicate and participate in packaging related troubleshooting projects, support new product introduction and be the main point of contact and support for internal and external audits/inspections.
- Design, test, and implement integrated automated inspection for all product lines and apply control/security management to the label printing system.
- Provide printer and labelling support for issues observed in manufacturing and demonstrate systematic problem-solving expertise to resolve.
- Partner with cross functional teams as the packaging and labelling expert and represent the team at department level.
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Packaging Technology or equivalent.
- At least 2 years' experience within a Packaging/Labelling Design or process environment in a regulated environment such as Pharma / Medical Devices.
- Knowledge of Barcoding systems and UDI requirements. Knowledge of GS1 and HIBCC identification.
- Experience of label printing applications and ERP systems such as BarTender and SAP.
- Proven track record in packaging and print material design and implementation.
- Strong communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- Project management skills and excellent attention to detail required.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem-solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Please call Tom Devaney today for further information on 091-758771 or email: email@example.com
CareerWise Recruitment (In Search of Excellence)